SIMPLY HORSE HEAVEN…..
OUR FARM IS SET ON 24 BEAUTIFUL ROLLING ACRES. OUR FARM WELCOMES YOU TO FOLLOWING AMMENTIES:
• 55 STALLS, ALL 12x12, three stalls 14x14 available for foaling.
• All heated facility, as well automatic fly spray system throughout entire barn, laundry facility for blankets.
• Acres of turnout, for free days when the horse is not in training. We believe a horse needs to be a horse, it is necessary for their mind and spirit.
• The day to day care of horses, is overseen by our barn staff. They have been with us since 2004, nightly checks are done, as well as Randy always does his own night check at 10 pm.
• Located just 15 minutes from the Illinois State Fairgrounds, and several Historic Abraham Lincoln sites. It is enjoyable to make a small vacation out of the trip to see your horse.
Visit the Training & Boarding page for more detailed information about the services I offer. I also welcome visitors to our facility. Contact us to arrange a tour!
With many years in the Arabian horse training business, I've developed lasting relationships and I'm proud to say that many of my earliest clients are still with me today. Jerry Freeman of Cave Creek, Arizona since 1987, Maureen Lober and Rose Lober-Hamilton since 1992, and several other clients are marking their 5th and 10th years training with me. My philosophy of treating everyone like family has paid off and I believe my loyal clients are proof of just that. I am so grateful to all of my clients, my friends and my devoted wife Angie, for the help and support that has made my journey training Arabian horses a great success.
Read what some of my clients have to say below or visit the Youth & Amateur page for more.
"I started with Randy and Angie after a very long absence from the show ring….First I have to say they are the most honest people and the kindest to deal with! Your horse gets first rate care and they make you feel like family at the shows. Randy took my mare to the top of her abilities and for that I am most grateful. They are super with beginners and amateurs. The only down side for me is that I do not live closer!"
- Debbie Alt, Mazomanie, WI
- "I have been showing horses for over 30 years and when I needed help with a horse, I brought him to Randy.
I found Randy to be an excellent trainer & teacher. He cares about his amateur riders & works on what each individual horse & rider needs to improve on. I have watched SEVERAL professional trainers in my time, & Randy has more talent & patience with his amateurs and horses than any trainer I have known. His quiet & calm personality makes me more confident as I learn. He is one of the most dedicated & honest trainers I have met.
The show experience with Randy & Angie is so much fun. Their staff is great & it is a family atmosphere where everyone has a wonderful time. I am enjoying every moment with the Sullivan’s & can’t thank Randy enough for how he has helped me & my horse in becoming a better team."
- Karen Marnie, Peotone, IL
- "I've been a client with Randy Sullivan since 1987. Randy always gets the best from a horse and does it in a professional way. Randy always rides his horses to suit the horses needs. His methods are sound, humane and his horses don't resent his techniques or the schooling. If you need one of the best trainers in the business.... look up Randy Sullivan."
- Jerry Freeman, Cave Creek, AZ
- "I first learned about Randy Sullivan 25 years ago when he started a gelding that I eventually purchased. That horse had been considered too dangerous to ride at the stable I was training at so he was sent to Randy. Because of the great foundation he received, that gelding and I had a wonderful relationship that lasted for many years. So two years ago when we were considering a trainer for a 2 year old Quarter Horse filly, I immediately thought of Randy. His reputation of training young horses was further solidified as Randy successfully made that filly into the perfect horse for a young girl. The mutual patience and respect between Randy and his horses is clearly evident whenever he rides and is an important stone in the foundation of every horse's life whether it be in the show ring or that of a backyard pleasure horse.
This year we decided to start looking for a horse with very specific qualities so we enlisted Randy and Angie to find that perfect horse. Because of their uncanny ability to find the perfect horse for their clients, what they found for us exceeded our expectations beyond our wildest imagination. Gisele not only has the bloodlines we were looking for but also substance and quality that's displayed by her incredible beauty combined with graceful athleticism and calm disposition. Because of our complete trust in Randy and Angie's expert opinion and honesty, we bought her with no questions asked. When she walked off the trailer we knew immediately she was the horse that we'd always dreamed of owning but never expected to find.
Randy and Angie are without a doubt the best trainers we've ever worked with. They're both so receptive to the rider's ability and experience level and combine a wealth of knowledge with a willingness to try different things to make the horse and rider understand each other in order to be a successful team. They also have the amazing ability to be patient, encouraging, enthusiastic and genuinely excited for students when great things happen which instills a lot of confidence. As all riders know, there's no instruction manual that comes with each horse and both Randy and Angie are the best at combining their experience and knowledge in order to make a horse and rider truly a great team."
- Kelley Gray and Jim Withers, Loami, IL
- "As residents of Chicago, we had many options for training facilities located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Indiana. What drew us to RSTC, and what has made our experience there so great, is Randy and Angie's talent and love for horses. Randy provides excellent training services all the while making sure my horse is happy and well cared for. Randy and Angie always make time for a late night peppermint and a little extra grooming attention. This kind treatment and Randy's incredible patience has worked wonders on our young prospect. Visits to the barn and riding lessons are always fun. We are looking forward to more good times with RSTC and We would highly recommend their services to any youth or amateur rider."
- Laura Ramsey and Jonathan Blackburn
- "We joined the RSTC family in 2008 and have been there ever since. When looking for a trainer we knew right away where we wanted to go. We ended up one day going out there to meet Randy and Angie through a mutual friend to have them look at a horse we were considering buying and have them give us their input. They were very helpful in our decision making. We ended up buying him and from that day we became a part of their family. That is how the Randy Sullivan Training Center is, one big family. Randy and Angie make you feel welcome from the moment you step into their barn. They have a great work ethic with all levels of riders and horses. I would not consider going anywhere else. Randy’s knowledge is remarkable. He talks to you in a way you understand in order to be that accomplished rider. Without Randy and Angie’s knowledge and experience my daughter would not have won the many 1st place ribbons and reserve champion at Region XI. To tell you what kind of people Randy and Angie we fell into hard times and had to sell off our horse, but Randy and Angie were there to offer any support they could, so my daughter could continue to ride. Without them we could not have done it, so thank you!"
- The Schnirring Family-Todd, Christy, Kylee, and Tanner
- "I grew up riding and showing Arabians and was very fortunate to work with a several reputable trainers. When my daughter Sophia decided that she would like to show horses, my husband and I started the daunting task of looking for an appropriate horse given her age, level of experience, etc. Our first and only contact was with Randy Sullivan's Training Center. After our inital meeting, we knew there was no need to look further.
Randy and Angie were able to find the perfect horse for Sophie. We were so impressed with them, their staff and their facility during the negotiations and purchase of her new horse, we decided to stay with them for lessons, training, and showing. Since then the Sullivans have provided the highest quality training, conditioning and care for our horse. Their lesson and show program is outstanding. They are amazingly kind and patient, totally committed to their clients and horses, and maintain an appropriate expectation of excellence from horse and rider alike. They have made it possible for our daughter and her horse to have great results in the show ring. More importantly, they have taught her valuable skills as an equestrian and have given her a solid foundation of good horsemanship upon which she continues to build. We are so glad to have chosen Randy Sullivan's Training Center and look forward to many years of success with Randy and Angie."
- Gina, George & Sophia Wood, Bloomington, IL
- "When our kids wanted to learn to ride horses, we began asking friends for references. A good friend suggested Randy Sullivan’s Training Center. She had friends that had shown with Randy for years and she assured me that he and Angie are the best. We had no idea at the time how accurate this referral would be.
Our children began taking lessons with Angie a little over two years ago at 6 and 8 years of age. Angie has been an excellent instructor and a wonderful friend. Angie loves children and loves horses which makes her the perfect teacher for our children. She is patient and kind, yet challenges them to try their best.
Thanks to Angie’s instruction, our daughter was able to show in her first Arabian walk-trot class this year. In fact, the youth at Randy Sullivan’s took the top four places in the western pleasure walk-trot classes at ABU this past September. Now, our daughter is looking forward to more Arabian horse shows and the parent’s are excited about the youth program at Sullivan’s Training Center.
Randy and Angie are the nicest, most honest people that we have come across in the horse industry. In fact, we have since recommended them to several friends – all of which are now taking lessons at Sullivan’s! If you want to train and show with the best or just learn to ride horses for the fun of it, you will not find a better place than Randy Sullivan’s Training Center."
- Kraig, Debbie, Ashley and Jackson Lounsberry, Pawnee, Illinois
- "Randy Sullivan has been a true inspiration for us in the horse business for since 1998. He interprets every horse differently, applying a training technique that would be the most effective. Randy's expertise in training is reflected through his and his students' achievements in the show arena. He trained my daughter to be the rider she is today and helped her to achieve her dream of being Reserve National Champion in 2003 in western pleasure. Tara and the rest of our family greatly appreciate all Randy has done for her and her horses."
- Joanne and Tara Kulkarni, Springfield, IL
- "I have known Randy Sullivan for many years. When it was time for me to invest in a great show horse, he was the first person I went to. He has found me two wonderful horses, in which both have been to Nationals several times. Randy seems to know just the kind of horse that each individual customer needs to achieve their goals. He has always been very patient and kind to me through the years. But, above all I feel completely comfortable and confident in the care and training of my horse."
- Diane Bauman, Eureka, IL
- "My daughter Taylor started taking riding lessons at Randy's when she was about 6 years old. She is now 12 & we bought our 1st Arabian (Henka Psyche) a little over a year ago. She received a Top Five last year in 13 & under hunter pleasure at Region 11. Our daughter has gained confidence because of the outstanding training & riding techniques that Randy & his staff have instilled in her. It is always a learning process at RSTC.
The youth program has really taken off at RSTC thanks to the help & dedication of Randy's wife Angie. She is a very welcoming & refreshing addition to the "family". Randy & Angie want their youth to succeed & do everything to help them achieve their dreams & goals.
My youngest daughter Tori has been taking lessons for about 2 years now & she is going to be showing in Walk Trot this year. If it had not been for the nurturing that she has gotten at RSTC she would not have been ready for the season. Both of my girls adore Randy, Angie & all of their staff. I might be a little biased as I have known Randy most of my life but as far as I'm concerned you won't find a more dedicated, trustworthy & honest person as Randy. His staff is very dedicated to the center & it is always "fun" to "hang" out at the barn on the weekends."
- John, Cindy, Taylor & Tori Bounds, Riverton, IL
- "I have been involved in the horse industry my whole life and have been exposed to several different breeds. I will always believe that there is so much to learn about horses. Having said that, I see Randy watching his horses, other horses and other trainers. He is constantly trying to gain knowledge from his own techniques and those of his peers. He treats each horse as an individual and trains them accordingly. I am having a wonderful experience under his guidance and look forward to our continued success. Randy is truly a great horseman."
- Becky Gordon, Rantoul, IL
- "Fifteen years ago I acquired quite by accident my first pure bred Arabian. When we were approaching his third birthday I inquired about possible trainers. I was told by many that Randy Sullivan was the best with young horses. Over the past twelve years I have learned that Randy is not only the best with young novice horses but simply the best.
Randy’s attributes are many; excellent horseman, keen eye for talent, hardworking, unbelievable memory for anything “horse”. But I believe there are two traits that make him stand out from the others.
First, Randy never stops learning. Randy never thinks he has all the answers, he is always watching, listening, trying new techniques, anything to make his horses and riders better.
Second, Randy truly cares about his amateur and youth riders. Randy’s true talent is turning out Champion amateur horses and riders. No trainer works harder or has more patience with his amateurs than Randy. I asked my fourteen year old daughter who has been riding with Randy all her life if she had to say just one thing about Randy what would it be and she said, “Randy is the best because he is always patient, he never gets mad and yells, he just explains and says do it again, again, again, until you get it right. He’s always so calm and that makes me calm and confident that I can do anything”.
Randy Sullivan’s Training Center has brought my family a tremendous amount of joy and happiness over the past twelve years. I am so thankful to the people who twelve years ago told me Randy Sullivan was the best. He continuously proves how right they were."
- Rose and Macy Hamilton, New Berlin, IL